We are searching for an experienced governess for a lovely Jordanian family with 4 children (4,6,10 & 13) in Abu Dhabi.
You must be a native English speaking nanny with a British passport for ease of travel. Ideally you will have a background in Primary or Secondary education and have a passion for educating the children along with a caring and gentle nature that supports the child/rens development and wellbeing. The family would like to find a candidate that is a wonderful role model and encourage the children to be independent including be organised and care for their belongings.
You will be a team player and good communicator that can discuss any issues and milestones with the parents and work in with their values. Someone that can create a fun loving environment for the children and is happy to provide suitable activities to encourage and improve their literacy and numeracy. You will also be required to liaise with their teachers and organise their daily schedules.
We are really looking for someone that has ideally had experience in a similar role and understands the needs that surrounds a position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the children aged 4, 6, 10 and 13 with their homework/act as tutor to supervise all academic work and closely liaise and work in conjunction with the schoolteachers
- Engage in fun extracurricular activities with the children
- To provide suitable activities to improve their literacy and numeracy
- Provide pastoral care and support towards the children’s mental wellbeing
- To accompany/attend outside social activities/events with the children and be watchful that the children are not interacting with strangers
- To take the children to and from school
- To supervise bathing and dressing of children, and ensure the children are smartly dressed at all times
- Help with organizing a bedtime routine and getting them to bed
- Organize children’s schedules (activities, doctor appointments and play dates)
- Arrange for a safe and secure environment for the children
- Implement a structured routine for the children to follow - surrounding their play time and education
- Engage children in conversation to determine their specific likes and dislikes and gauge their individual personalities
- Encourage them to read daily and stay away from devices.
- Offer suggestions regarding children’s development in all fields to parents
- Always take into consideration the culture of the family
- 4+ years experience working with school aged children
- Background in Primary or Secondary Education would be a plus
- Travel with the family when required
- Candidates preferably already based in UAE, but can consider overseas candidates
- Have a UAE driver’s license
Days/Hours: 6 days per week (Sat off), 8-12 hours per day
Salary: 15,000AED-20,000AED per month depending on experience/qualifications Accommodation: Live-Out if based in Abu Dhabi (or Studio can be provided) Location: Saadiyat Island, Abu DhabI
Visa sponsorship + healthcare insurance
30 days paid annual leave every year + return flight ticket home
Access to a car for work use
Petty cash for any activities with the kids
Food in the home while working