We are searching for a caring and professional Family Assistant for a full-time position, working with a lovely family with 3 school aged children.
The ideal candidate will be someone that loves diversity in a role, has excellent organisational and time management skills, is proactive and be a forward thinker. You will have a passion for cooking/baking and assisting in the management of a large property. Whilst the children no longer need a nanny as such, the candidate must enjoy working with children as there will be an element of childcare, eg. school drop off/pickups and after school activities and occasional proxy parenting.
There are other household staff that come in on a regular basis, including housekeepers to do the heavy cleaning. Therefore, light housekeeping and laundry will be required, to maintain the property throughout the week. You will also be required to manage the tradesman and take on general PA duties as and when needed, including dog care, run errands and do personal and grocery shopping and any other tasks required for the day-to-day running of the household.
We are looking for a candidate that is friendly and caring with a down to earth attitude, someone that takes pride in their job, loves cooking healthy homestyle food and baking, as this is a big portion of the role (someone with experience with allergies highly regarded but not essential). You must also enjoy working within a family environment and be flexible as the parents have a dynamic schedule and occasionally work from home. The family are looking for someone that is wanting a long-term role, and they are flexible and very supportive to ensure they get that right fit.
If this sounds like you, and you love the variety that a Family Assistant role provides, this could be the role for you. Lovely working environment, with a wonderful family.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- School pickups / drop offs and after school activities
- Proxy Parenting
- Laundry – Washing, folding, and ironing
- Running errands and assisting with grocery shopping and checking pantry stock levels
- Loves cooking healthy homestyle meals (experience with allergies preferred)
- Tidying rooms, making beds daily, ensuring children’s cupboards are kept tidy and organised
- Accepting deliveries
- Personal shopping and general PA duties
- Any other tasks required for the day-to day running of the household as required
- Dog care – Walking, Pet / House Sitting on occasions if possible
- Occasional babysitting
- Experience in a previous role working with a private family and a large property
- Honest, positive and down to earth
- A can-do attitude and flexible
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and attention to detail
- Pet friendly
- Works well within a team environment
- Someone looking for a long-term position, that can make the job their own and take pride in it.
- Police check and excellent references required
- Driver’s Licence
- Full Time
- Live Out
- Superannuation and annual leave etc.
- Good salary for the right candidate