We are looking for a genuine caring Companion/HK/Carer for a wonderful gentleman that requires minimal personal care, but requires someone that will be there to assist if /when he needs, and also to enable him to still continue to enjoy life to full.
You will be working in one of the most beautiful and largest residential estates on the GC, and working alongside other wonderful supportive household staff, so a team player is essential.
The ideal candidate will be upbeat but know when to let him have his own time with family and friends, be across the daily news and current affairs and be a good conversationalist, someone that enjoys boardgames – inc. backgammon and chess and ideally plays a musical instrument.
You will also be very health conscious as cooking healthy appetising meals and preparing food will be required on occasions, a food hygiene certificate will be favourable. As the principal is susceptible to infections etc you must be fully vaccinated for Covid and have the latest Flu vaccination, and be aware of hygiene standards. A food safety certificate is favourable.
When the principal is enjoying time with his family and friends etc, you will be required to complete household duties, do the grocery shopping, or run errands. This position can extend itself to either a full or part time position. However, flexibility is key to work around the principals schedule. All his appointments are scheduled, and he has a good routine and scheduling system in place.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Taking the Principal to appointments
- Taking the Principal to lunches/dinners, walks, to the Art Gallery etc
- Engage in boardgames, and activities with the principal
- Light housekeeping duties
- Ensuring kitchen is clean and sanitary
- Grocery Shopping
- Personal Shopping
- Preparing meals and snacks
- Follow schedules
- Advise family of any issues or changes
- All PPI is supplied and assistance with keeping upto date with Vaccinations is offered
- Support from other long term (averaging over 10 years) staff, that are happy to train to help settle you into the role
- Staff can enjoy a separate lunch room with a light lunch supplied. There is also an equipped kitchen if you prefer to bring your own and prepare your food at work.
- Indoor and outdoor dining areas for lunches and breaks can be taken in a beautiful garden.
- Use of the company car for shopping.
- Off street parking for your own vehicle.
- Full or part-time opportunity
- Police check and NDA required
- Excellent references required
- Great salary for the right candidate