We are seeking a fun, happy, confident and nurturing person to assist a busy family based between Noosa, Qld and Kerikeri, NZ with regular annual travel to Europe and the Pacific Islands (Covid permitting).
While in Noosa - the role is live-out at your own expense.
When travelling nationally or internationally (including the travel to NZ) - travel costs will be covered.
You will be supporting the family with:
- care for a 3yo child,
- help to an expecting mum (baby due in December),
- help caring for a new born (December onwards),
- general housekeeping duties (cleaning, tidying, washing, bins, car etc),
- family assistance (errands, shopping, dog walking etc).
Every two months the dad, travels to NZ for one week of work, requiring the nanny/housekeeper to provide extra support during these times.
Once the new baby is old enough (approx Jan/Feb 2022) travel could also include short business or holiday trips. You must be able to adapt to last minute changes in plans and be flexible.
We are looking for someone that enjoys going on trips to museums, aquariums, the beach or walks and will engage and play age appropriate activities with the 3yo girl. A role model who takes care of their appearance, is fit and healthy, loves to swim and enjoys sports. Must be nurturing, kind and always caring towards the child along with a calm demeanor and able to provide appropriate discipline.
The family has two fur babies so someone who is a lover of animals and with experience in dog walking/care.
As the 3yo attends day care two days per week (8am-3pm), and the parents enjoy spending at least two mornings per week with her, this role therefore is not full time nannying. The time when you're not with the 3yo, you will be carrying out housekeeper/family assistant tasks, as detailed above.
Previous experience travelling with families would be advantageous or someone with a love of travel.
We are wanting to find someone that is proactive with a can-do attitude, clean and tidy, and enjoys working with children and managing/cleaning a household.
- 40hrs per week, salaried + phone, use of car during work hours.
- Typically Mon-Fri, 8am to 5pm, with breaks.
- Some evenings will be required.
- Occasional weekend work.
- After a successful three month probation period, salary will be reviewed.
- Understanding the role is a mix of housekeeping, cleaning, and nannying
- Min 3 years experience as a nanny or working in childcare
- House keeping experience
- Nurturing, calm and happy personality
- Motivated, confident and reliable
- Display strong communication skills
- To be fit, healthy and active
- Be able to swim
- Full Drivers Licence and clean driving record
- Police Check (or happy to obtain one)
- Blue Card
- First Aid Certificate
- Be flexible and adaptable as the family travels for work quite often
- Available for a one week paid trial.
- Experience travelling with a family - domestically/internationally
- Second language - to be able to teach the children.
This is a unique opportunity to have an interesting and varied role split between nannying, and housekeeping, with great travel opportunities, working with a dynamic family, and living in a beautiful part of the world. The right person will be a dedicated worker, with an abundance of intuition and initiative, and will become ‘part of the family’ over time, with extra perks included.